Bongofree.com is a place for private individuals to sell or trade items. As a community based website, Bongofree.com is committed to providing a safe, fair and pleasant trading environment for all members. The guidelines and policies listed below will give you a good insight of what is expected of you as an Bongofree.com member. Please read them carefully. You are responsible for reviewing and understanding Bongofree.com’s policies, as well as all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the website’s Terms and Conditions.
- Contact details Email addresses and phone numbers are not to be included within the description of listings, comments and questions (Phone numbers are allowed on car listings).
- Logos and Links You must not use Bongofree.com listings to promote any business or website. Logos are not permitted.
- Multiple accounts Only one account per user. All multiple accounts will be deleted.
- All communications in English
- Personal abuse / Discrimination Discrimination in any form and use of bad language are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Items not allowed on Bongofree.com Check the full list of forbidden items here.
- Post ads in correct categories Please post your ad in the appropriate category. We reserve the right to delete ads placed in the wrong category to avoid paying fees.
- Profiteering Attempting to sell an item above the Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
Bongofree.com is a community marketplace and does not encourage profiteering.
We will not however remove the listing and we leave it up to the buyer to decide on whether to make an offer or not.
Ticket sales is an exception. All ticket sales are at face value (plus booking fee and additional costs) or less. Bongofree.com moderators reserve the right to remove any ad that is deemed excessive.
- Commercial sales / Shops You need to contact us to set up an authorised shop account.
- Honour your commitment to buy and sell.
- Free items must have an option for collection.
As a seller, you are committed:
- To keep all dealings bargaining, offers, etc. on the thread. PMs are not allowed until an offer / provisional offer has been accepted.
- To always include an asking price* on your For Sale ads. Please keep all prices fair and do not increase the asking price after a first comment has been made.
- To keep all listings accurate and current. Mark your item as sold as soon as a deal is agreed.
- To only post one item per ad, and only choose one category for your ad. Multiple and duplicate ads will be deleted.
- To complete the sale of your item(s) here on Bongofree.com if a member or members have expressed active, definite interest.
- Not to accept any offer above the current asking price.
- To sell to the first accepted offer (unconditional offers have priority over conditional offers), with the exception of items given away for free: sellers can pick at their own discretion. A seller can decide not to deal with another user based on their feedback.
- Not to accept any money offered for items posted in the Free section.
*The asking price is defined as: “the price that the seller has listed on their ad”. The listed price cannot be increased, but can be reduced.
Breaches of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:
- Removal of thread.
- Account suspension.
We reserve the right to edit and delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice.
Thank you for reading these rules, and good luck with your buying and selling experience on Bongofree.com.