What is not allowed on Bongofree.com?
In general anything illegal is not allowed. However, there are some items which, while legal to sell, buy or own, are not permitted to be sold on this site.
- Airsoft guns/ammunition.
- Animals and unauthorised / illegal wildlife products with the exception of livestock (cattle, sheep, goats, Dogs, pigs and poultry only). Fish and Shrimp are allowed to be sold. Please note that when selling livestock, all rules and regulations from the Department of Agriculture in Tanzania must be adhered to with.
- Baby food
- Beer Kegs.
- Calor Gas cylinders.
- Cigarette or nicotine replacements.
- Diet pills and gels.
- Digital currency trading is prohibited.
- Domain names. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of domain names and the potential for trademark or copyright infringement, the sale of Internet domain names is prohibited. Please use
- Firearms, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and hazardous materials. Bongofree.comdoes not permit the listing of projectile and concussive weapons that employ gunpowder or explosives. Basically anything that is considered a weapon is prohibited. Replica firearms and Air Rifles are prohibited. Toys that fire rubber pellets or foam darts are permitted.
- Daggers, hunting knives and pocket knives.
- Prong or choke collars.
- Hate materials.
- ID cards of any kind(Government IDs, college IDs, birth certificates, etc)
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
- Illegal items. Items sold on Bongofree.com must adhere to all applicable countries and international laws. Some items that may not be sold include: Stocks and securities, lottery tickets, illicit drugs, prescriptive devices and drugs, lock-picking devices, smart cards, and any product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- IMEI blocked Phones
- Internet Service Provider Equipment. Some equipment supplied to you from an internet service provider (ISP) remains the ISP’s property and must be returned to them on termination of a contract.
- Items that infringe upon an individual’s privacy. We hold personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual’s privacy are prohibited. Additionally, the sale of marketing lists (bulk e-mail lists, direct-mail marketing lists, etc.) is prohibited.
- Laser pointers > 5mW no greater than Class IIIa.
- Methylated sprits
- Offensive material. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted on Bongofree.com. Also, be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some items may be acceptable to some people, but unacceptable to others. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
- Pirated software. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through Bongofree.com. Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, NFR (Not for Resale) software, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (pre-release), unauthorised freeware/shareware, and “soft-lifted” software versions are prohibited. OEM software must be sold with the hardware with which it was sold, or in accordance with the terms the OEM software is sold with. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells pirated software through Bongofree.com will be permanently banned.
- Pirated video games. Video games sold through Bongofree.commust be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Silver disks, video game emulators, Sega boot-disks, game enhancers, unauthorised video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
- Pornography / erotic items/material. (Excludes items in the Adult Boutique Category)
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. Please note that the Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) Regulations expressly prohibit the supply of any medicinal product, no matter which category it’s in, by mail order. Furthermore, the Regulations define mail order so as to include the use of electronic means to transmit an order. Even a pharmacy or a pharmacist can’t sell through the internet in this country.
- Promotional media. Movies, CD’s, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), etc., that are produced and distributed for promotional use only are prohibited for sale through this site.
- Recopied / Pirated media. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author’s permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, movies, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media – whether laser disc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format – unless explicitly approved by the author. Unauthorised recordings are prohibited.
- Replicas of trademarked items.
- Sectarian or ethnic offensive materials are prohibited.
- Second hand underwear. (excluding bras)
- Stolen goods. If we learn that an item listed in on the boards is not the property of the Seller, or was obtained through illegal means, we will lock the thread and delete any inappropriate information. We may also pass on any appropriate information to the proper authorities.
- Television programs. Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events, are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Tobacco, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Select shops can sell alcoholic beverages & electronic cigarettes – to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Used safety equipment
Any adverts found containing above will be removed and the seller will face a warning / ban. This list is indicate a guide as to what is or is not permitted. The Bongofree.com Moderators and Administrators have the final say on what items are permitted.
We reserve the right to edit or delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice.